Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Joe's Talent

For the final full day of Kindergarten Joe's class had a talent show. It was completely optional. The teacher sent home sign up sheets a few weeks ago and I asked Joe if he wanted to participate. I asked Joe if he wanted to do something and he said maybe. So we talked about the different things he could do. Sing a song, tell some jokes, show his Karate skills. None of those options appealed to him. Then I remembered that for his "Up With Kids" talent show he did animal impersonations. So I asked him if he wanted to do that again. He excitedly said yes, so we sent in the form and waited for the day. You might be thinking, what kind of talent is that? Well here it is.




He started off with a dog, then did a snake and finished with a monkey. I think Joe is a very talented animal impersonator. One of his favorite games to play with Grandma and Emily are animal impersonation games. The audience was a little surprised by his talent. Even his teacher thought it was great.

He was really happy after the show, because he got more laughs than anyone else, and in kindergarten that is like gold.

4 comments:

Andy and Ellen Family said...

I love it! He is soooo talented! I can't wait for you to come. My kids are way excited.

Laura said...

Oh my Goodness that was soooo funny! I love the orginality too. Those talent shows get painful to watch. You are talented in on time blogging, best mom blogger out there and with a baby too. Sheesh I look bad!

Mike and Shelby said...

What a crack up! And a great idea!

I bet he was just beaming inside hearing all that laughter!

Tracy said...

:) I love Joe Bummie. This made my day.