My brother's son Brevin took the day off of school and joined us for this hike. He is such a great helper with the younger kids. He even offered to carry Valerie in the back pack. I thought he would be sad if he did, (he is not quite big enough) so I kept the pack on me, but it was really sweet of him to offer.
The hike was a bunch of switchbacks up the side of the rock, so even though we were going up, it was not too difficult. 
All the way up the side of the rock the view got better and better. Josh kept looking down at the train tracks. He could hear train whistles, but usually the train was on the other side of the river. When we were just about to the top a train finally came on the tracks that went right by the rock. Josh kept asking if that was the train who's whistle we heard. Then when I said maybe he said, "I know it is." A few minutes later we heard another whistle and Josh told everyone that it was the train we just saw.



1 comment:
You had some gorgeous hiking experiences! FUN!
Post a Comment