Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Little Bikers

Summer is in full swing and we had yet to go on a real bike ride. So Ryan's mom and I took the kids to Jordan River Parkway for a ride. Yes, we knew it was supposed to be 90 plus degrees that day, but we thought it would be cool enough in the morning.

We were really proud of ourselves that we were able to load the bikes into and onto Grandma's SUV by ourselves, and get them safely to the parkway.

Emily was sporting her new biking outfit Dad and Grandma had found at the outlet mall for her while we were out of town.

We had one technical problem, Joe's chain fell off. We were able to get it back on without too much difficulty.

At first Joe tried to keep up with Emily, but Josh was sad because he wanted to ride with Joe. Joe was a nice brother and waited for Josh to catch up and then rode with him.



Everyone did really well on the ride, and it didn't get too hot until the end of the ride. Then we were all ready for a cold drink and a nice snack of cheese and grapes before we headed home.

Valerie did great. We are going to have to get her use to wearing a helmet though. She got it off pretty quickly on the ride, and did not want it back on. It is a little too big for her, but it is the smallest size they make.

While we missed Grandpa and Dad on the ride, it was nice to know that Grandma and I can take the kids on our own if we want to. I love going on bike rides with the kids, and biking is something they love to do. Hopefully this will be the first of many more rides this summer.

2 comments:

Andy and Ellen Family said...

You are awesome! It looks like fun. I bet the kids love having their grandma around instead of at work! I wish I felt good enough to take my kids out and play. Maybe by the end of summer?

Mike and Shelby said...

Emily is looking so good without her glasses. Is she loving it?

We really do need to get bikes for the fam. It would be fun to go on family rides.