Thursday, August 19, 2010

Visiting Grandma

Tuesday we went to visit my Grandma.
She always had a project for us to help her with, but I do not mind because we visit while we work and I always learn a new trick or two.

This time we helped her freeze corn. Or at least we helped her get it ready to be frozen.


My sister-in-law Jenny, and my Nephew Jaxson also came to help. The kids were really great at husking. Josh liked breaking off the ends after they were husked.

Valerie just liked eating the corn.


After the corn was husked, the kids took the husks over to my Uncles horses.

Getting to feed the horses is a real treat for both the kids and the horses.


The kids played the rest of the time while we finished preparing the corn, and visited.
It is always fun to go visit Grandma and learn from her.





5 comments:

Tracy said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! Although, Joe looks really angry in that first picture!

Hillary said...

He was a little irritated with Josh.

Becky said...

That is great you go and help out at your grandma's house. I'm sure she loves the help and having people over to visit.

Mike and Shelby said...

Good for you for taking the time to take kids to your Grandma's house! It is so easy to get too busy to do those kinds of things. Looks like they had fun.

Laura said...

I love that you always do a project with your Grandma. Your kids will love it. I cherish every memory of my Grandparents and I am so glad my kids got to know them to. You will be too.