11 Years Old
Dear Emily
I love you so much. I could not have asked for a better daughter. You are a beautiful girl both inside and out. It is an honor being your mother.
You have a special gift of compassion and love. You do not judge people and always look for the good in everyone. I have watched you love and accept kids who other children would avoid because they are "different." You do not seem to notice the difference, and if you do it does not matter to you. You are easy to get along with, and your have very good friends who love you too.
I am so grateful to have a daughter who wants to do what is right. I hope that you always have that desire. It makes being a mom a little bit easier when you can trust your child to make good choices without you.
As I look at the coming year I realize that this is going to be a year of lasts for you.
Your last year of Elementary school,
last year of Primary,
last year eating off the kids menu,
and really the last year that you will be categorized as a kid,
With endings there are also a lot of beginnings, and beginnings mean change. Change has not always been easy for you. These will be good changes, but life will be different. I hope that through these changes you will be able to remember who you are and hold on to your special talents.
This is such an exciting time for you. I hope you enjoy this year and live it instead of just waiting for 12 to come. 11 is a great year and the end and beginning of so many great things.
I love you Emily
Happy Birthday! Love Mom

4 comments:
I never realized all the 'lasts' that comes when you are eleven! What an exciting year! Happy Birthday, Emily! (I am excited to have a new babysitter to call on!) :)
Birthdays like this are bittersweet, aren't they? I have a hard time with the realization that my kids are growing up. This was a beautiful way of putting it! Happy Birthday Emily!
Happy Birthday Emily!! Love you!
Happy Birthday Emily! They grow too fast. She is such a cute girl!
Post a Comment