Saturday, August 28, 2010

Classic Summer

I am finding the older my kids get the more they want to go out and do things, and the more they know that there is stuff to do. So this Summer I invested in Classic Summer passes.

The first time we went we decided to try the roller skating. The kids were really excited, because we actually own a couple of pairs of skates, but have not used them much. Josh wanted to try the toddler skates, and Emily now fits into mine.


Josh and Emily started out together, but after a few minutes they decided it was not a good idea to hold hands, because they were both pretty wobbly. After a while they got better and had fun.


Joe did not want to skate, but had a new scooter to ride to school, and was happy to get some practice time on it before school started. While they skated there were strobe lights and lasers at times. The kids thought that was cool.


Valerie was happy to watch and take a nap the first visit, but that was the only time she napped through it.
The kids loved the water park, and I did too. There was stuff for all of them. Emily loved the big water slides, and Josh and Joe loved the bounce house water slides.

After the first couple of visits, Joe kept talking about the HO 2 O Blast water slide. It was his favorite. Emily kept telling him that it was the H2O Blast, but he was sure it was HO2O. (like ho ho ho)

Valerie liked the kiddie pool, but her favorite thing to do outside was practice going up and down the little stairs. She practiced all summer and got pretty good at it.



Inside she love dancing to the music while the kids roller skated, but her favorite thing inside were the bounce houses.
The Summer passes ended up being great for us. Even if we just went for an hour or two, the kids loved it. I loved it, because it gave us somewhere to go and stay busy. (and not break the bank) I am happy to say that Video games were scarce at our house this summer, and when they did come on they were welcome, because we had been out playing all day.
I look back on our summer and am amazed at how fast it seemed to fly by, but I also feel like I have spent the last three months just playing and having fun with my kids. Just the way Summer should be. I hope they had as much fun as I did.
















3 comments:

Tracy said...

Ah, Classic Skating. I'm glad you guys had such a fun summer that didn't include videos games!

Laura said...

I am so glad we did it! I just wish I would have gone more.

Mike and Shelby said...

The sunglasses on the roller skating rink crack me up!