At our house we are done being indoors. We want to go on bike rides, have picnics at the park, and just run around outside. We even tentatively planned a zoo trip for Spring Break.
Thursday the kids and I ended up going to see a movie (How to Train Your Dragon). The kids loved it, and it was nice to get out of the house. The kids built a fort in the playroom, and had a sleep over in it, but cabin fever was still running high in the house. We needed to GET OUT.
Friday the sun was kind of out....... at least there was no snow falling from the sky........... but it was still cold and very windy. (Not very fun for a baby) So it looked like another day of indoor activities. Then Grandma called and wanted to take the kids out for some fun. I knew she understood how desperate we were for real entertainment, because she even offered to go to Chuck-E-Cheese. We decided to go try Jungle Jims. I had never been there, but my friends had told me they like it.
The kids had tons of fun. Valerie just loved being there and watching the other kids run around and play.
I tried taking her on the Merry-Go-Round. She was not sure she wanted to sit on the horse, but once it started going she laughed and had fun. As soon as it stopped, she started crying again. After all of that excitement, she took a nap while the other kids continued playing.
I also thought it was pretty funny when Emily tried to cram herself in the jeep ride. She was probably a little old for Jungle Jims, but she was a good sport and had fun.

4 comments:
It was the best day ever for me too. Lot's of energy and joy.
I am so glad you liked it. I was also happy for the info that it wasn't too crowded during Spring Break. We planned to go to the aquarium today with my Mom, but it was so crowded they were making people park at Ream's down the street and the line was way out the door. I can't imagine that would have been fun at all because its a small small place! So we headed to jungle jim's. The kids were in heaven, except Lindsey, who went to hang out with Alan's Parents rather than join us. I guess she is too old.
lots of fun despite the weather
What an awesome Grandma! Your spring break was just like ours except ours was buckets of rain! I think we had one good day where we took the kids on a hike. The rest of the time they just drove us crazy running around like maniacs playing army inside the house!
Post a Comment