Every year Emily's Activity day leaders help the girls with a mother daughter dinner. It is always so fun.
This year they asked us to bring things like fabric, ribbon, flowers, or anything of that nature that we have laying around the house. The catch was we did not know what it was for. (The girls did)
When we arrived they told us that our daughters were going to design us garbage bag dresses for the evening. They gave each of us a black garbage bag and our daughters decorated it for us.
Emily was all about putting everything she could on my dress. I tried to let her do what she wanted, but there were a couple of times when I said, "Don't you think that would look better." Like when she wanted to attach a giant blue bow on my butt.
After they were finished we went in for dinner and then had a fashion show. For the fashion show the girls had to say what gave them their inspiration. Emily said "Anything that would torture my mom."



7 comments:
Never has a garbage sack dress looked so cute!! What a fun night!
like the paper dress loks like you both had fun
so cute! I love that she wanted to torture you! You guys are so funny. :)
What a great idea! Looks like such a fun time.
Um, so my first day back at church is coming up, I'd really like it if you wore that dress to celebrate my arrival. It is BEEE-U-TEE-FUL! And what would have been wrong with a big huge bow on your rear?!? :)
Yes, what is wrong with a big huge bow on your butt? I could think of much better places for it...
Good work Emily!
Seriously I love Emily. You get Mother of the year award too!
Post a Comment