Monday, March 15, 2010

On The Move

Valerie has been very busy the past couple of months learning new things.



She is getting very good at using her three words to tell us what she wants.......DADA, MAMA, and BABA (bottle)





She loves to play Peek-a-boo and has figured out that it is even more fun when she is in charge of the blanket.


And after weeks of building her muscles and attempting to drag herself where she wants to go, she has now mastered the art of crawling. She started being a little mobile a few weeks ago, and now she is an expert crawler.


She is very good at getting where she wants to go, but if mom and dad are close, she still tries to look cute to see if we will just come and pick her up.


Her biggest motivation is when she sees any telephone, remote control, or Wii controller that may be within her reach. The kids have had to learn that even if they are just going to the bathroom or getting a drink, they need to put their controllers up high. Otherwise Valerie will get them. I almost think she just sits and waits for them to set one down, because the minute it hits the floor, she takes off after it.




Life is getting a little busier at our house.







5 comments:

Jon said...

"Baby Valerie" is growing up too fast! She is adorable, especially in the peek-a-boo pictures.

Do you want the gates back??

-Jenny

Brooke :) said...

very cute! :)

Hillary said...

It's okey Jenny, I could not find the gate and I thought maybe it didn't make it through Josh. I didn't even think of asking you :) So I bought a new one. Since we can only use the cheap pressure gates on our stairs it was not a big deal.

Andy and Ellen Family said...

It must be the generation. Sam absolutely loves anything with buttons. Lately if he gets the remote he brings it to me and says,"Doowah". Translation? Dora. Pretty scary. It's not like we watch it all day but Bethany does watch it a least once a day while I shower. It's a whole new challenge for her siblings now that Valerie's mobile!

Mike and Shelby said...

it's a catch 22 at this age...in some ways it makes life easier because they are happier when they can control when and where they go...and on the other hand it makes life harder cause now THEY can control when and where they go and WHAT THEY GET INTO!

BUT, she's adorable and getting so big! (Maybe that's just because I have a newborn to compare her to)