Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eggs

Dying Easter Eggs is something my kids always look forward to. I always boil more eggs than we can eat, but you can never have too many to color. This year was no different.
As we began our activity I realized just how much my kids have grown over the last year.
Joe told me this Easter that he has decided that I am the Easter Bunny, and maybe even Santa Clause!
Josh has especially grown. I was a little sad to realize that he no longer called this holiday D'ster because he thought it was a holiday to celebrate his Grandpa. Last year Josh would only dye his eggs green, and this year he is exploring other options.

Then I looked at Emily and wondered if in a year or two she would think she was too old to do this. Then I realized that I still like to do it so maybe this will be something she will never out grow.




Valerie was not interested in the coloring (I was not sad about that.) She liked the eggs though and was trying different things with them. She tasted one, but decided she didn't like the taste of the shell, so then she took two and started banging them together. I think her favorite part was when I cracked one open and let her eat the yolk. She thought it was "MMMM GOO."

I love my children, and while I am sad that they have to grow up, I love to watch them do it.

2 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

You always capture the moments so perfectly on camera! My kids love dying eggs too. Brooke's were mostly blue like Josh's green last year. It was fun to see Lauren's this year because it was the first time she could do it completely on her own and actually have the control and patience to make them look really pretty. We did it last Sunday so I better put up the post soon, eh?

Laura said...

Can I admit I hate dying eggs? I pretend to love it and do it for my kids, that counts for something right? The mess just makes me worry and it is very messy!