Joe usually gets out of school at 11:10am, but because of the field trip they were going to be gone until 12:30pm. So they were told to bring a sack lunch. While Joe had been packing home lunches for a while, this was the first time he got to bring it to school. He started planning what he wanted to bring in his lunch a month ago.
I told him that because it was a field trip he could have an extra treat in his lunch. He chose a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Chips, Strawberries, a fruit pie, and a Strawberry Lemonade.
For his first field trip Joe's class went to Thanksgiving Point -Farm Country. The teacher divided the kids up into groups. Rebbecca, Gretchen, and Charlie were in Joe's group. They were all excited, because this was going to be their first time riding a School Bus.
His favorite things about the field trip were feeding the ducks, and the pony ride. I asked him if the school bus was as exciting as he thought it was going to be, and he said, "It was fun, but it made me tired to ride in it all the way home."
He was really tired, but he was excited about all of the fun things they did.


4 comments:
What a great day and wonderful weather to go. Logan's first field trip for Thursday got moved to later in May due to weather. Kids just grow up so fast.
Lauren had a fun day too, but she was a pro at the whole bus thing by now...she was bussed to preschool for three years. It's been almost a year since her last ride on that bus, so she was excited!
I love kindergarten field trips!
Oh such a big boy! How cute! Hey, I've been wanting to ask you what program you use to make your pictures so cute. Like the picture of Joe and his first home lunch. I would love to do that with some of my pictures. Very cute!
Thanks Sarah, I am using Photoshop Elements 7.
I got it a year and a half ago, because everything I read said that was the program to get, and used it to do basic edits of photos. Now I am trying to figure out the rest of the program. I didn't think I would like digital scrapbooking, but I love it.
If you don't have the program, watch Costco for coupons. Sometimes they have really good deals on Elements.
Post a Comment