Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Family Reunion

Summertime means that it is time for family reunions. We went with Ryan's dad to his family reunion this last weekend down in Richfield. It seemed like every town that we past on the way had large groups of people at the parks and a few even had signs at the freeway exit advertising their family reunion.







Ron's family has a reunion every June. Emily really likes going to it because then she has cousins to play with. There is even a girl right around her age. Emily is very social and when it was time to eat she found a spot with some of the relatives and talked their ear off. I couldn't really hear what she was telling them but I heard her say her brother's names a few times. Hopefully it was all good.





This year they had a few games for the kids and let them earn prizes. All of the kids got squirt guns. I had Joe and Josh bring theirs to me while the bigger kids were busy still playing games and having races. I filled them with water so they could have a head start. Joe immediately started going around squirting anyone he saw. Josh followed but usually just sprayed the ground.





It didn't take long for the rest of the kids to catch on that there was water to fill their guns and the water fights started. This really upset Joe because of course they all turned on him. He told them that they were not allowed to squirt him because he had a gun. They were all twice as old as him so they didn't listen. This upset Joe and he started to cry.





Grandpa went over to try to make Joe feel better and explain things to him. Just as Grandpa had Joe settled down Josh walked up to Joe and squirted him in the face.






All is fair in water fights!


(Thanks aunt Tracy for catching it all on film :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Family reunions are fun. We really don't do them much anymore. Emily is such a fun kid!

Tracy said...

I'm glad I got it, as well. It was such a funny moment. Glad I could be there with you guys!

paulsharol said...

family reunions can be fun gald you went

Mike and Shelby said...

Family Reunions are the best! I agree...all IS far in a water fight! (but, poor Joe!)