Thursday night Ryan and Joe headed off to the firework stands to get us some. Joseph was very excited. When they got to the stand Joseph noticed a clown firework and pointed it out to his dad saying "That would be so scary for Aunt Tracy." Ryan asked him if he wanted to get it and of course he said yes.
(When Tracy was young Ryan let her watch the movie "IT" while he was babysitting. Ever since then she has been terrified of clowns. Nobody claimed to have told Joseph about this.)
Friday afternoon, we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend the 4th with them. When we got there Joe showed me all of the fireworks they had bought. He was especially proud of the one he bought to scare Aunt Tracy.
When Tracy arrived Joseph proudly showed her the firework and asked her if it was scary. I asked Joe who told him that Tracy was afraid of clowns. He said it was Grandma but Tracy suspected Ryan and went after him.When the sun finally set the fireworks started. The kids loved the sparklers and Emily even talked Ryan into letting her help him light a cone. We saved the clown for last and Tracy lit it to help her get over her fears. It was kind of creepy when the whole face lit up.
When the fireworks were done Joe started asking when the next holiday was that we could light fireworks. Luckily it is only a couple of weeks away.

4 comments:
It was a great night. I'm glad that Joe was able to help me get over my fear. (I still think it was Ryan)
I am glad you had a good night. Joe is so observant that always amazes me. Cute pictures.
love the fireworkd we watched the Capitol 4th from DC
I love that we can light our own fireworks here. Although, we found we have to do the sparklers separate from the actual fireworks...Lauren couldn't pay attention to both! It got a little dangerous!
Glad you had a good holiday. I love all the candid pictures...really shows the fun time you guys had.
Post a Comment