Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Bike Ride

Last week while Ryan went on his bike rides I would go out in the front yard with the kids and ride my bike with them up and down the street. It has been a fun way that we can burn off the night time energy and spend time together getting a little exercise, but the kids noticed that Ryan was getting to leave to go on his bike rides and they wanted to go too.

So tonight we loaded the kids and bikes in the car, and drove to the park. (Ryan rode his bike up to the park but the hill is too steep for the kids) The park near our house was great for this because there are many paths weaving together so I could ride my bike around the area where Josh was slowly scooting around on his "bike".

Emily flew around the paths really well.


Ryan stayed with Joseph and tried to help him figure out the brakes on his bike a little better. Before tonight if Joe needed to stop his bike he would just ride it into the grass.



I can't say that it was a great workout , but it was fun to spend time together and the kids had a great time.




3 comments:

paulsharol said...

looks like you had a great ride we still have Aunt Sharols schwinn bike

Mike and Shelby said...

We have been wanting to get bikes for our family, looks like a great family outing!

Laura said...

I am the only one without a bike. I guess thats why I have to go the gym. My twins are not bike riders yet either. LOoks like a great family thing to do.