For Emily's 12th birthday she wanted to go see the movie "Smurfs."

So we decided to have a Smurf party.

We even made a smurf birthday cake.

Grandma lent us her Smurf mobile to get to the movies.
There were a few Smurf Rules that had to be followed to ride.

I was not sure about the smurf movie, but it was turned out to be pretty Smurfy. (cute)


Her friends seemed to all have a smurfy time.
It is hard for me to believe that Emily is 12.
She is such a great kid, and I am so lucky to have her for a daughter. I am grateful for her willingness to help out. Her desire to do what is right and make good choices. She is such a good example to her younger brothers and sister. Emily loves reading and enjoys learning new things.
She is so pleasant and easy to get along with. I hope that these qualities will help her as she starts Middle school.
I know that she is so excited to be twelve. I could tell on mother's day as she stood with the other primary children in sacrament meeting and sang the mother's day song, that she was ready to move on. Not just because she stood a foot taller than all of the other kids, but because she looked so grown up.
Emily you are a beautiful person both inside and out.
I love you
Happy Smurfy Birthday!

1 comment:
She is growing up so fast! I remember when you had her and it did not seem that long ago.
Post a Comment