Friday, August 19, 2011

Solitude Lake

On Tuesday our mom and tot hiking group headed to Big Cottonwood Canyon for our hike.

This week we started at Silver Lake and from there, we hiked a little over a mile and a half up to Solitude Lake. I was excited to go on this hike, because it was one we had not done before.


Once again our group was filled with little girls, and this hike was a little longer than our other hikes, but a nice easy climb.






A little ways up the trail we came to a field of sunflowers.
This was only the beginning of the wild flowers. After the yellow there was a field of white and then blue. Our whole hike was beautiful.
The hike was nice and easy, until the very end. Just before the lake there is a big hill, so when we got to the lake, the kids were all ready to rest.


Our friends had to get back home, but we had some time, so the kids and I walked around the lake.







A little ways down the path we found this cave. The kids were very disappointed I had not packed a flashlight.

I was glad I had not. I did not want to see if anything was living in that cave.

We took our time getting back enjoying the beautiful flowers.


It was a perfect day for a hike,


and Solitude Lake is definitely a hike we will do again.

No comments: