This year Grandma and Grandpa joined us along with Ryan's brother, Kevin and his family. This is cousin Asher's first Halloween.
This was Valerie's second Garden after dark. She didn't participate in the activities too much, but she had a great time checking out the garden.
The first stop was to Easter Europe where the Gypsies helped us make a magical potion.
The next stop was Australia where the kids played music around the campfire, and learned about the mystical Mimi's. Then they made their own Mimi fairy out of clothes pins.
On our way to the final destination we went through the "Haunted Forest." There are black lights set up throughout the path that made Emily glow from head to toe. The kids always love this part and it is always more fun than spooky for them.
The final stop was Ireland where the Jack-o-lantern originated from. So the kids got to paint pumpkins. There were also a few creepy crawly things in here to look at. Like a giant cockroach a stink bug and a couple of tarantulas. Grandpa wanted to show Valerie the tarantulas, so he took her over to it. When she saw it she growled at it.

Garden After Dark is always fun for our family and gets us in the Halloween spirit. It also gives us a chance to test out the costumes and make sure we are ready for the big day. After a fun night of exploring the garden we made it home with the kids half asleep. When we got home Valerie wanted to walk inside by herself, so I let her. After getting a few things out of the car I went inside and found her asleep on the stairs.

5 comments:
That is so cool! I've never heard of them doing that before! We may have to try it out! I love the glow in the dark pic! Happy Halloween Bolander's!!
I swear, you have the most talented kids when it comes to falling asleep! I'm awe of them! There's Joe falling asleep standing up against the couch in WA and Emily falling asleeep during the firework show that were practically on top of. I haven't seen much from Josh though. Hopefully they won't be like Grandma Lay and get narcolepsy.
The kids look great! Fun! Fun!
-Jenny
This looks like a lot of fun! I love the candle and learning the different traditions around the world! Great fun! You need to share what your kids are for Halloween. I know but its too cute to not share!
I need to visit this Red Butte's Garden you always talk about! It looks like so much fin. Your kids are cute in their costumes! That glow-in-the-dark picture is cool!
I love your Phineas and Ferb costumes. It's perfect for your family. How cute is Emily as Candace? Adorable! My kids love that show too. Audrey wanted to be Phineas for Halloween for a little while but she settled on Spiderman. She made sure we knew she wasn't spiderGIRL, just spiderman "the boy one" as she put it. Funny kids.
Post a Comment