Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fire Station Field Trip

Josh has always loved two things. Trains and Fire Trucks. So he has been looking forward to his preschools Fire Station Field Trip since the beginning of school.
When Josh came out of his room this morning he said
"Mom watch!"

Then he shot his hand up into the air
as hard and as fast as he could.



He then said "I have been practicing raising my hand all morning
so I will get picked to help at the fire station."



Valerie and I were invited to go too, so we could help drive the kids to and from the station. Josh liked having us there with him.

When we arrived there were other schools there too and the room was very crowded. (One of the schools brought double the kids they said they were going to. The fire chief was not happy.)



I was worried because there would be even less of a chance that Josh would be chosen from the crowd. But, all of his practicing paid off and he was chosen to help demonstrate "stop, drop, and roll."

Unfortunately the room was so crowded I could not get a good picture. (I had to stand in the hall outside the room.) But I did get some rolling action on video.


After a great show we got to go see the trucks.

It was a great day at the fire station.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We have always loved the Fire Station too! The kids love it! Looks like they all had a great time!

Mike and Shelby said...

We did that as a family once...we heard on the radio that it was National Visit a Fire Station Day, so my sister and our kids all piled into our car and drove to our local fire station. We expected it to be crowded and a special event. When we arrived, the firemen looked really confused and said, "You can actually visit a fire station anyday." Oh well, it was still a pretty cool day.