Friday, April 23, 2010

BUSY BABY

As soon as Valerie started crawling I knew it would not be long before she was into everything and causing trouble. She loves exploring the house. She is getting very fast and can get across the room in a matter of seconds. Then at the beginning of April she decided she needed to get higher and started pulling herself up to a standing position.


Now she no longer likes to be confined to one spot and she is very busy wherever she goes.


She loves to help unload the silverware from the dishwasher. Whenever I start doing the dishes she is right there with me. One time I had finished with all of the dishes in the kitchen and went to go see if there were any cups in the bedrooms. Before I left the kitchen I pushed the dishwasher drawers in, but I did not close the door. I came back and found Valerie sitting on the door trying to pull the drawer back out and crying because it wasn't working.

The boys are not very happy with this new development because, Valerie has found the power button on the TV and thinks it is really fun to turn it off when her brothers are playing Wii. She will turn it back on too, but that is no good because she has already caused them too loose their game.



Valerie is very busy now, but she is also getting enough hair that I can put elastics and bows in it. When Emily was little, she screamed if I even touched her hair. (What am I talking about, she still cries and says it hurts when I try to do her hair) eventually I gave up and decided she had a sensitive scalp and just wrestled her log enough to brush it. No bows for Emily!

On Sunday I decided to try to do Valerie's hair and I was surprised when she just sat there and let me do it. She did not cry at all. When I was done I took her to the mirror and showed her how pretty she was. Then she started to cry. She did not want to be pretty! Emily came to the rescue and then she was happy again. (By the look on thier faces in the last picture I am afraid they are plotting against me.



Valerie at 9 months old is so very busy, and so very fun!

3 comments:

Andy and Ellen Family said...

I love it! When I first tried to do Bethany's hair she would leave it in long enough for us to get to church and then pull it out! It drove me crazy. She has now figured out that it makes her very pretty so it's all good!! Valerie is growing up so fast I can't believe she is pulling herself up onto things. Watch out boys here she comes!

Mike and Shelby said...

I am SOOO excited to NOT have one more head of girls hair to do everyday! Lauren is pretty good about letting me do it, Brooke has enough patience most days but that is all the time and energy I have! So, I am looking forward to a quick brush-through on Andrew's head! :) Valerie is so cute!

I am loving your fun posts now that you have figured out how to do multi-images! :)

paulsharol said...

she isowing so fast