I remember a Christmas when I was 7 or 8 when one of our neighbors did the 12 days of Christmas for our family. Every evening the doorbell would ring and we would find a small package on the doorstep. I can't remember all of the gifts, but each gift included an ornament for our Christmas tree. I remember the anticipation every night waiting to see what came. I also remember trying to look out the window to try to catch who was bringing the gift. The 11th night my older brother was peeking out the window when they came and he was spotted. So on the 12th night the Allred family delivered the package in person. The following Christmases as we hung the 12 days of Christmas ornaments on our tree I would always think of the Allreds and how fun that Christmas was.
This Christmas will also be a Christmas I will always remember, because of the thoughtfulness and generosity someone has shown to us. Unfortunately I do not know who they are, but from the very generous gift they left on our doorstep last night, I know that they know us well and might even read this blog.
Thank you Secret Santa I wish I could tell you in person how thankful I am and how your gift has made our Christmas even more special with the knowledge that we have friends like you.
We hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.
Love
Hillary, Ryan, Emily, Joseph, Josh and Valerie
8 years ago

1 comment:
A special Christmas indeed....I know EXACTLY how you feel since we had a similar knock just recently. You deserve it and you are loved!
Post a Comment