Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Ride on The Polar Express

Monday night the kids and I were given tickets to go for a ride on the Polar Express. The only catch was we had to leave right away. I knew the kids would love this, so we hurried and got in the car and headed off to Heber City. When we arrived we met up with our friends.

We had to wait a little bit before we could board the train. The boys were so excited that I finally took them outside to wait because they were sure the train was already boarding, and they were going to miss the ride.


On the train Santa's Elves were helping everyone find their seats. One of them took the time to sit down and have a picture with the kids


The kids were all excited to be going to the North Pole and they could not wait to see Santa. As we were traveling, Mrs. Clause and the elves served us cookies and hot chocolate. The elves were friendly and Joe loved them because they told us some jokes.

What did one icicle say to another?..............are you hanging in there?

Joe thought they were hysterical.


Valerie didn't really know what was going on, but she was happy to go along for the ride.


After the Hot Chocolate was done they passed out books for everyone to look at as they read the story of The Polar Express. This got Josh even more excited. Every time we turned to a picture with the train on it Josh would excitedly say "We are on this train!"



Then as we arrived at the North Pole we saw Santa standing outside waving to us, and off in the distance we could see the buildings of the North Pole.


We sang Christmas songs as we waited for Santa to come to our car. The kids sang as loud as they could. Valerie did not really like this part because it got pretty loud, but once I wrapped her in her blanket and covered her ears she calmed down.


Luckily by the time Santa got to us she was happy again. She even let Santa hold her for a picture without crying.








(Unil now, I have never had a baby not scream when I handed them to Santa. )




Santa took a picture with each of the kids and gave them a bell from his sleigh as a gift.













After Santa left we sang more Christmas songs as we rode back to the station. The kids rang their new bells the whole way.




















It was a magical night for them, and a perfect way to start off the Christmas season.


I am so thankful to my friend Susan for thinking of us.




And yes, I can still hear the bell ring............Can you?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I have always wanted to go to that. It looks like you had a blast. I'm so happy you guys got to go!