She won a prize for her Halloween Costume.
By the time Halloween rolled around the Superman outfit had evolved into so much more. Emily had two Characters she loved, Superman and Prince Phillip (from Sleeping Beauty) Who she lovingly called Pea Soup. So when It was time to choose a Halloween costume she did not want a princess dress. Instead she just wanted to wear her favorite outfit with all of its accessories. We called this costume "Superman Princess."
It was her superman outfit topped off with a crown, ruby slippers and her horse. The costume judges at the ward party loved it so much that they gave her a prize.
I would like to say that this was just a Halloween costume, but Emily wore this outfit many more times to places like Sea Port Village and the grocery store. Sometimes the Ruby slippers were replaced by yellow galoshes. I loved how confidant she was riding her horse around and I hoped she would keep that self confidence her whole life.

1 comment:
I am loving these "When Emily was little" posts! Good for you for letting her be herself! She seems to have kept her confidence so far! (And my goodness, she looks so much like Josh!) :)
Post a Comment