He slept until about 7:15 so we pretty much just put him in the car. I decided to just have him wear his PJ's since he would be changing when he got to the hospital anyway. When we got there he was really nervous, but agreed to play Video games while we waited for our turn.
When they called him in to do the preliminary check up he went willingly. He didn't talk much, but he did what the nurses asked. I think he even liked the Pajama's they had him put on.
When it was surgery time he chose to walk instead of riding in the wagon. When we got to the "good bye spot", he took the doctors hand and went right in.
I was not sure what the outcome of a tongue clipping is, because I have not talked to anyone who has had it done before. So I was not sure what Joseph we would find in the recovery room, but when I came in he was lying in the bed and he started sticking his tongue out as soon as he saw me. The Doctor said that there was a lot of scar tissue under his tongue from it tearing on it's own and then healing itself. He said he was surprised how much there was. So I am really glad we decided to go ahead and do the surgery. I had no idea that it had been doing that.
His mouth was sore and he really liked the slushi's they had there for him, but after about an hour he was ready to just go home. Luckily everything went so well that we were back home by Noon. I thought Joseph would sleep more, but he has been happy to just take it easy. Grandma came over for a couple of hours this afternoon and played with him. She brought a book of sticker puzzles and they spent the afternoon putting them together, and decorating the fridge with them. Then as Grandma was leaving we found a package on our porch from his other Grandma with some fun games in it to play.
He has only complained about hurting when he eats certain foods. (If it hurts we have him eat something else) The Doctor said he needed to stay away from grease the first day, but we didn't need to change his eating habits too much. He seems to be favoring the cold smooth stuff for now, like ice cream, Jello, and cold drinks. He is talking and playing games and is really doing well.
Thanks Shelby for watching Josh this morning and Laura for the Papa Murphy's pizza that was so nice to have for dinner tonight when we were all so tired.

5 comments:
You are so welcome! I am glad to have been of help! Josh was a joy to have...just fit right in and played so well with Brooke and her trains. So glad Joe's surgery went well...here's to a healthy and quick recovery!
Glad everything went well. Sounds like Joe was very brave.
Good job getting through. I think the parents get more stressed about these procedures than the kids do. It looks like you went to Primary's. They are soooo goog with the kids there. My kids have always had really positive experiences at Primary's Hospital.
Hope everyone's doing well. I agree with Michelle that Primary's is a great hospital. Cute stripy pajamas.
PS. I see you have the school lunch menu on your fridge too!
good news for Joe he looks great and wont hurt anymore love Aunt Sharol & Uncle Paul
Post a Comment