Monday, May 25, 2009

Family Bike Ride

Something our family likes to do is ride bikes.
Ryan has always liked to ride and tries to get out everyday when the weather is good. On Saturday He had planned to go for a ride with Emily and his parents. They got up early and started getting ready to go. The boys caught on to what was happening and started pleading their case as to why they needed to go too. Suddenly, the workout Ryan was hoping for had turned into a leisurely family outing. We loaded up the bikes and headed to a local path.



Josh wanted to ride his scooter instead of riding in the bike cart or riding his Shark bike, so I came along so I could walk next to him.

Emily loves riding, and has gotten good enough that she can keep a pretty good pace with her dad.

Joe did a really good job riding with the group and had lots of fun until Ryan told him it was time to turn around and head back towards the car. He wanted to make it to the end of the trail. I don't think he realized that the trail went on for miles and that there was no way he would be able to make it to the end
He even refused to stand by his bike for a picture. He was pretty tired when he got through. They ended up riding about 3 1/2 miles.

The kids had a great time riding with their grandparents and dad. It was a fun way to start off the Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ah, Joe Bummie. I've got to say, I laughed really hard at those pictures. It looks like it was a fun day.

Mike and Shelby said...

Mike and I need to get bikes. Lauren and Brooke love riding theirs. It would be fun to have a little family bike ride like your family does.

Poor Joe, he just wanted to finish what he started! Maybe there's a shorter trail around here he can finish!?!