Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Emily's Program

Yesterday was the 4th grade program at Emily's school. I love to go to the programs to see what the kids have been learning. This year Emily has been studying Utah and everything great about our state. 4th grade is also the year in music class that they get to learn how to play the recorder. Emily has been practicing hard with her recorder and was really excited for us to come. It was fun to see her. She loves to perform in these programs and gave it her all. Here are a few video highlights.


This was my favorite song done on the recorder. If you like Amazing grace on the bagpipes you will love it done with one hundred 4th graders playing it on their recorders.



I wanted to post a video of them singing but after trying all day yesterday I could not get anymore videos to download.


There were twelve numbers total in the program. About half were singing and half on the recorder. I love it that Emily loves to perform because it makes the programs fun to watch. I think they all did a great job.

4 comments:

Andy and Ellen Family said...

Good thing Emily knew how to play. It looked like the girl next to her had no idea what she was doing! It sounded great! Go Emily!!

paulsharol said...

col video

Mike and Shelby said...

gotta love those recorder days! it sounded great!

Tracy said...

Nothing is better than the sound of a recorder...

Way to go, Emily!