Friday, July 27, 2012

Great Grandma's

As things had started to settle down around here and the piles of boxes have started to disappear I was beginning to realize that summer is more than halfway over and we had yet to visit my grandma.  She must have been reading my mind,  because it seemed like as soon as I though about calling her, she called me.
It is always funny to me how excited my kids are to go work at my grandmas.  


She was looking for people to take some of her apricots off her hands, and we were more than happy to help.

I don't know if it is getting to climb the ladder,  or digging in the dirt.  or maybe it is the fact that Great Grandma always has a yummy treat and lots of love for them when they are done,  but whatever it is they always happily do the job.  (unless it starts taking too long)

Whenever I announce that we are going to Tooele to visit Great Grandma, it is always received with happy cheers.  I keep wondering if there will be a day when they will grumble and complain,  but I don't think there will be,  because they always arrive happy and leave happy.  


Great Grandma's is one of my kids favorite places to go.  I am glad,  because I love going to visit her too.  We are already planning to go back in a couple of weeks before the kids go back.  I can't wait for our next visit.  


No comments: