Thursday, July 14, 2011

Twilight Camp

What is Twilight Camp?

That was my question when I was told the Activity Day girls in our ward were going. I am the leader for the younger girls (8 & 9 years old) It turns out Twilight camp is Cub Scout Day Camp, just later in the day, 3:00- 8:30pm.

the girls had a great time. the camp was divided into two sections. The Bayou and The Outback. the first day I got to go with the girls and we were sent to the Bayou.

So we started out at the swimming pool.
I could tell Emily is almost a teenager, when she came out of the pool dressing room and asked me how her hair looked.

Then it was on to the row boats.
I was a little nervous about this one, but the girls were a really good team and we did a lot better than I thought we would. Meaning, we did not just go around in circles the entire time.

After dinner, we tried a taste of Jambalaya, and Hush puppies. Then it was on to our craft. Of making a wind chime.


After the craft we learned some first aid, and then the kids had to act out emergency skits. These were very entertaining.

We finished off our day at camp, at the shooting range. This was Emily's favorite activity. I was surprised how good some of the girls were at shooting.



The girls had so much fun together. we missed the second day, but I heard it was just as exciting.

This was Emily's last activity before moving on to Young Women. I am so glad I got to go with her.

No comments: