Sunday, February 27, 2011

Karate Tests

Joe and Ryan Both tested for their next belt in Karate.






Joe was testing to become a full yellow belt. His group went first.

Joe loves taking Karate. He looks forward to going to class and he is always excited to learn the new techniques.



He has even learned to use his skills on the playground and has blocked a few punches headed his way. (This is another story, but we are hoping that said puncher has learned not to mess with Joe. Lucky for us Joe has just blocked and not punched back.)




When Sensei asked Joe what his goals are, he said he wants to be a black belt.



Sensei told him that he would have to work hard for about 5 years to earn that. Joe is fine with that.




Joe did really well on his test, and I could tell he was having a lot of fun.




Especially when they got to the sparring part of the test.





He did great and earned his yellow belt.


Ryan tested in the second group. He was testing for his orange belt.

Ryan is also really enjoying Karate. He and Joe both come home tired but happy.





He did really great too and received his orange belt. He hates it when I take pictures, but I think he looks great!





Karate is a lot of hard work. I didn't realize how much conditioning goes along with it.



Good job guys. I am proud of you. Keep up the good work.

No comments: