She has been in her big girl bed for a week and a half now. The first week there was very little sleep for us as we tried to teach her about staying in her bed. She eventually caught on. The first time she slept through the night I figured she was just as tired as we were and couldn't wake up, but the next night she slept all night again, and I knew we had made it.Valerie loves her new bed. Being the climber that she is, she loves using her step stool to climb onto and off of her bed. During the day she will climb on her bed and look at books. When we first set up her room, we put a small two shelf book case next to her bed. The first day we found her climbing on it and jumping onto her bed. She thought it was great fun and after jumping she would laugh and say "Ah Cool!" So the ER trip may be inevitable, but we are doing our best.
Emily was also excited for this change because she moved to the basement into her own room. It has been a fun change for all of us, and I am glad that it only took a week to train Valerie to stay in bed. Now if we can find a way to get her to stop climbing on everything else before she gets hurt. Any suggestions?

1 comment:
Oh! Those are exciting changes at your house!!! I keep racking my brain how were are going to transition our rooms if our next baby is a girl. There is NO room in the girls room for another bed or crib, so we've talked about Lauren moving down to the basement. She'll only be nine, though. If the next is a boy, then all will be good...
...not that I'm making any announcements. :)
Post a Comment