Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Fire Station

A friend of mine called last Friday and invited us to go on a tour of the fire station. Knowing that Josh still loves the fire engines I told her we would love to come. Josh was excited to go, but when we got there he suddenly turned shy.



After one of the firemen got dressed in all of his gear he offered to let the kids try the coat and the pants on. The group of kids were all pretty young, but one of the older boys got all dressed up. Josh hid in the back. Valerie was interested in trying on the boots, but she ended up changing her mind too.



Touring the Fire Station was a great outing for a cold February afternoon. I can't wait for the weather to warm up a little so we can get out more.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I wanna be your kid! You do more fun stuff than anyone I know! I wish you lived closer.....I'd let you take my kids with you! Ha ha!

Mike and Shelby said...

Bummer! I missed out! I hesitated going because I wasn't sure if we'd make it back in time to pick Lauren up from school. Then, Brooke got sick anyway and we had to stay home. Glad you went and had a good time.