Today was the big day. The first day of
I did not realize just how much Josh had grown up over the past year.
This first day was very different from the one last year. On the first day his teachers ask a parent to stay for the first half hour of class so they can talk to us about what to expect during the year. Last year Josh clung to my leg and was very shy. This year he wanted to give his teachers his paper he found his hook and hung is bag up and he went right out and started playing with the other kids.
When his teachers were done talking to the parents they called the kids in for singing time. They had us sing two songs together and then it was time for the moms and dads to leave. Last year Josh bravely sat, and nervously watched me leave, but this year, as soon as Mrs Val told the parents it was time to go, Josh turned, waved goodbye, and then went and sat with his friend, and didn't give me a second look.
I then realized that somewhere in the last year Josh grew up a little more, and is becoming more and more his own person.
I am so excited for him to be starting school again, and I hope he has a great year learning new things.

No comments:
Post a Comment