Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Josh


This post is a little late, but it is just because we have been having so much fun celebrating.

Josh turned 4 on Tuesday!

We started celebrating Saturday by having his friends over for a party.





Josh wanted his party to be just like Joe's. As the party got closer he changed a few things, like they played with play dough instead of making monsters, and instead of a monster cake, Josh chose to have a dirt cake.



I was surprised that 3 and 4 year old kids were more wild with the silly string, than Joe's friends were.

I was not sure how the balloon popping would go with the younger crowd. To be honest I expected more crying. So instead of putting all of the prizes in the balloons I took a tip from my sister and only put a bouncy ball for each kid in the balloons. When they found the ball they brought it to me for their prize bag. This ended up being good, because the little guys were having a hard time popping the balloons. They mostly just bounced off of them. Ryan and I ended up getting pins out and having them bring us the balloons they wanted to pop. The kids still thought this was fun.



Josh knew that Saturday was not his real birthday, so he was still counting down the days until he was 4. Monday night when he looked out the window and noticed it was dark outside he said, "Look mom! I'm almost 4." He happily went to bed knowing that when he woke up the next morning he would be 4.
















His day was spent playing Geo Trax,


and we finished the day having dinner With Grandma.






Happy Birthday Josh.


I hope that you have a good year being four, and that you will continue to discover who you are and what you like.

4 comments:

paulsharol said...

happy birthday

Mike and Shelby said...

Such a fun birthday! I love that he wanted his birthday party to be just like Joe's....and then changed things a little here and there....that seems to be his history, eh?

Happy 4th Birthday!

Laura said...

My girls had a lot of fun and still keep talking about it all. I am glad they made friends with Josh :) Happy Birthday Josh!

Andy and Ellen Family said...

That cake looks delicious! You are so creative! Happy Late Birthday Josh!