When Joe arrived, there was much of the same anticipation over his first word. However during the Joe baby period, I realized that if they learned your name they could call for you in the night and it gave Ryan the perfect excuse not to get up........"He's calling for you."
So when Josh came I changed my game and started encouraging him to say Dada when he started to jabber. Ryan quickly caught on and encouraged Mama. I can't really say which one he said first, because he had his own language, and I think his first word was Boo boo. (train) But, I am happy to say that when Josh moved from his crib to a bed I trained him to go to dad's side of the bed when he got up in the middle of the night.
Valerie has been quite talkative as a baby and jabbers on about many things, no real words yet, but lots of good talking. Then last night as I was making dinner, the magical sound of Dada started to fill the room over and over again.
Victory!
When Ryan realized what she was saying he immediately started encouraging her to say Mama, but the only response he got was.......da da da da da.
She hasn't connected the sound da to the meaning of the word dad yet, but it wont be long, and she is not even trying to say Mama yet. This might make some moms a little sad, but not me. I know I am still her favorite because, she always comes to me over dad, but now when she calls out in the middle of the night I can roll over and say, "She's calling for you."
Lucky for Ryan, Valerie is a good sleeper and rarely wakes up before 7:00am.

2 comments:
You are SO funny! I loved this post. Victory, for sure....for BOTH of you actually since she sleeps so well! :)
Too funny. Andy only grunts when I try to push him out of bed. Then I lay there and assume he isn't doing it right because the baby isn't going back to sleep so I end up getting up anyway. Sam still wakes up in the middle of the night and he's one!! I talked to my pediatrician about it and he has given me a few ideas. It's not like Scott either when I would go in and say it's not time to get up yet and give him a pacifier. That just makes Sam spittin' mad!! You are extremely lucky to have a good sleeper!
Post a Comment