For Christmas, my sister gave Emily a kids cookbook. She was so excited to get it and started planning what she was going to cook for us. After the Christmas morning chaos was over we sat down and picked out a couple of things she could make. Emily wanted to try a few desserts, but the main courses were easy enough that I told her she should try a couple of those. Emily was excited to try because I had only let her help make dinner in the past. (I am still a little leery of her using a sharp knife) She went to the store with me to buy the ingredients and then with a little guidance she made us two great meals.
The first night she made this yummy Lasagna
And the second night she made Asian lettuce wraps.
School is back in now, but Emily is hoping to make us another meal this week. She has even picked out a cake she is planning to make for Josh's birthday. Cooking is something I really like to do, and it is fun for me to see Emily enjoying it too.

3 comments:
Please tell Emily I think she is pretty cool! I haven't ever lasagna, Jon has always made that one. The food looks really yummy!
-Jenny
Way to go Emily!
Those both look and sound delicious!
I love what a great little homemaker she is becoming.
And I'd love to have a second cook around MY house! :)
Wow those look great!! I'm glad she liked her gift so much..I should have bought her a gift card to buy ingredients. Oh well maybe next time. Before you know it you'll be saying,"Emily your dad and I are going out. Make the kids dinner and we'll see you later!"
Post a Comment