Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Cookies

It is a tradition at our house to make Sugar cookies every October. I wanted to do it early this year because I find the closer it gets to Halloween the more I don't want any more sugar treats.
I always give the kids a ball of dough for them to roll and shape themselves. The older they get the more dough I give them. Joshua just played with his like playdough and eventually ate it.
Joseph ate some of his dough too but ended up getting a couple of cookies in the oven.
Emily was trying to do it right, and did an excellent job rolling out her dough and making cookies. ( I did notice her eating a little dough, but even I am tempted.)

After the cookies are baked the kids usually frost the ones they made and then eat them. It is always messier to have the kids help, but the fun time together makes the cookies taste even better.

7 comments:

Becky said...

That sounds so fun, I really need to start doing stuff like that with my kids.

Laura said...

Sounds like fun! I wish I got sick of cookies. There is no sugar cookie I did not want to eat. I actually wait to buy halloween candy so I am not tempted to touch it. I am a out of sight out of mind gal.

Our family chaos said...

YUM can I get in on that cookie action? I love cookies. Sugar cookis especially. You do such fun things with your kids. You are a great mom!

Uncle Mummy said...

i ate three myself and enjoyed the cooks bringing me them. May I have some more?

paulsharol said...

suar cookies yum yum

Mike and Shelby said...

yum! I love homemade sugar cookies. I agree, it is messier with the little hands in there, but always worth the memories.

Where is the picture of the finished product?!?!

Tracy said...

Where are my cookies?