Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Scrapbook Expo

Last Friday was the Scrapbook Expo. Once again Ryan took the day off of work so I could spend the entire day there. Unfortunately my regular buddy Tracy moved so I had to recruit new buddies. None of them were willing to get there at 6:00am with me so I made friends with the ladies sitting next to me in line. This is a strategy of mine. If you have friends in line with you they will protect your spot.
The tickets were sold a little differently this year. They usually have one big line in the morning and at 8:00am they start selling the Early Bird tickets and give you your gift bag. This year at 7:00am they handed out numbers to the first 150 people in line (I was #77) Then they had everyone leave our stuff and form 6 lines at the ticket booths. Then after you bought your ticket you were supposed to form one line again to get the gift bag. The only problem was that the front of a few of the ticket lines were towards the front of the bag line. So instead of going to the back of the line the ladies were just cutting in. I was towards the front of the ticket line so the bag line was not very long when I got in it, but it was not moving because of the cutters. I was standing by the ladies I had met that morning and so I told them to hold my place in line. Then I went up and stood where the lines were merging and I told anyone who had just bought there ticket where the end of the bag line was. After that the line moved quickly and I was able to get my bag. I know everyone would have eventually gotten a bag, but I wanted to get back to my place in the real line, the one to get in the door. (see what my Friends missed by not coming early) The numbers were a nice thing because it made it so those of us who got there early were able to be the first ones in to get our tables.
I have heard reports back that I get a little crazy at the expo and push my way into booths and stuff. Maybe I do. But hey that's how you get the good products. Tracy understands. (I still need to train my new friends a little.)


Here is a picture of some of the things I got at the Expo. It is all pretty cool and you would not believe how much I paid for it.



Thanks Jenny, Brenda, Cathy and Heather for coming with me. It was a lot of fun.

5 comments:

Larissa said...

Once again, I'm jealous. I totally wanted to go this time. The kids are all in school. Perfect. But, we scheduled a primary activity that day without realizing it was the expo. So, once again, I didn't go. I didn't even attempt to call you because I knew it wouldn't work out. Darn it! I say this everytime but maybe next time. Oh, and I totally want to come over and scrapbook but my life has been awful. Let me get through the primary program and then I will call you. Thanks for being a patient friend.

Laura said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good for you for stopping the cutting. I have to admit when people are not being fair I am very interested in people policing it. It really bothers me and I am not sure why!

You got so many great things. I used several of those items on past pages if you want to see what I did with the tin plaques. Let me know.

paulsharol said...

wonder if our niece Tayna Harvey was there she has a scrapbooking class

Mike and Shelby said...

You totally scored! I am so going with you next time and I will go wait in line at 6am. I like your stradegy of making friends to protect your spot. Can't wait to see the masterpieces made from your cool new stuff.

Our family chaos said...

Good job Hillary. It's o.k. to be pushy sometimes. Thats' how you get incredible stuff right:) Wish I was there. Maybe next year. Looks like you got a lot of great stuff!