It was so nice to drive up into the mountain this time of year and see all of the pretty fall colors starting to show. It was lots of fun driving up together. I had met Lisa before, but I feel like she is more of a friend now. We only took a couple of wrong turns but that made the ride even more fun.
There were 7 ladies from my ward who were able to come and we stayed up almost the whole night chatting scrappbooking and having a great time. I was surprised that even at 4:00am, when I made myself go to bed, I still was not really tired. The next day we got up and continued the fun. It was great to have a time when all I had to worry about was what I was doing.
At one point we joked about the mess in the cabin from all of our scrapbooking, but when everyone packed up their stuff to leave it was amazing how quickly it cleaned up. I was able to get 12 pages done and I am happy to say that Josh now has the beginnings of a baby book. We made it back home around 5:00pm on Saturday. I was tired when I got home, but I also felt rejuvenated and ready for the busyness of life again. I think a little break now and then is a good idea.

8 comments:
sounds like great fun
What a nice time, I would have been in bed by 1 am I am sure. It is nice to get a little time away some times.
I'm glad you had fun. I wish I would have come. I can't believe you stayed up til 4. Although, with the time difference, I was waking up about that time.
You deserve a break every now and then!
Oh It was so fun to go. Thanks for inviting me. Lets do some more scrappin.
A break from the kids. You so *deserve* it and many more good things!
I had a great time! I am so glad you arranged it. I got so much done. Staying up till 5:20 wasn't relaxing though, Ha ha!
I know our great wives need and deserve a night like that to have fun and get away from the mundane. It looks like you were able to do that.
I can't tell you how sad I was to read this post! I am so going next time!!!
Good job getting 12 pages done. That is an accomplishment.
Post a Comment