The yummy, greasy, sugary food,
The animals,
the vendors selling all kinds of fun stuff

and the craft entries that make you wonder how many crazy people really live in your neighborhood.
And you can't go to the fair without going to see the Butter cow.
(A hand carved statue made completely out of butter.)
One of the top moments at the fair for us this year was the kids on the rides. Emily has always loved going on rides. In the past Aunt Tracy has been with us and went with Emily on the rides. (Emily really missed you) This year Joseph was big enough to ride some of the bigger rides with Emily. The first ride they chose to ride was called the Octopus. I told Joseph that I was not sure if he would be able to ride it, but he was excited and insisted that he wanted to go on it. They climbed in and got all ready to go.
Then the ride started and when they came around the first time this was Joseph's face.
After that experience we headed over to the rides intended for the younger kids. All three of the kids climbed in the belly of a dragon and were excited to try this ride. (it is a lot like the tea cups at Disneyland)
As the ride started Josh started crying and slid off his seat as the dragon came around you could see his sad face by the door. (He was not in any danger. )The dragon kept turning so I was not able to get a good picture of this. Emily got him calmed down and back on the seat. But he was still crying when the ride ended.
Because we are such good parents instead of running to the ride operator and asking them to stop the ride on both accounts we all stood at the gate laughing hysterically at the crying children. (I know, mother of the year)
The favorite ride of the night for the boys was the wiggly worm.
Emily gets the big sister Blue ribbon of the night for helping her brothers when they were scared, and for going on a few more "kiddie rides" than she wanted to. She did make it on a few more big rides, but Joe just watched.
Emily, Joseph, and Josh all tried the balloon dart game and each got a prize.
The kids all fell asleep on the way home, and I could not help wondering if Joseph and Josh were going to have nightmares about carnival rides. I am happy to say everyone slept well.

6 comments:
Looks like fun! I love riding rides. I have only been to a few fairs and my three younger kids have never been at all. Shame.
I love going to the fair! I missed the butter cow! Next year I am getting that deep fried twinkie...gotta try it at least once, right?
Poor Joseph...glad you got him on other rides after that traumatizing first one. The picture of them sleeping is great.
We love the Fair, we go to the Horse Pulls so we are going tomorrow. Carnival rides have never seemed fun to me.
I am so sad that I didn't get to go. You have no idea! Tell Emily I missed going on the rides with her. The look on Joe's face is priceless. I'm willing to bet that they didn't get the dragon spinning as fast as Gavin and I did last year.
I'm glad you guys had fun, even if it was without me.
love the faris they are fun and the gooey stuff 900 lbs pure sugar
Looks like you had a great time at the fair. I can't believe the butter statue. WOW! I especially love the picture of at the end when they are all crashed in the car. Looks like you wore them out good:)
Post a Comment