Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This is the Place

Yesterday was a free day at This is the Place Heritage Park, so we went with our friends for a fun day.

I have not been to the monument since I was in grade school so I did not know what to expect, but I figured if it was free it was worth checking out. I was surprised at how much there was to do. The kids were not bored at all. There was so much to do that we were only able to see a couple of the buildings and do a few of the activities. Now I know it is worth the price of admission to go back.

Emily and Lindsey have been out of school for less than a week, but they missed it so much they went to the school here. They offered a little 15 minute class to show the kids what school was like. They got to write on slates and Emily got to demonstrate the use of the DUNCE cap.





Josh was excited about all of the trains. The tram that took you around the park was a train and then they had this big wooden train for the kids to play in.

Joseph loved the petting zoo. He found a calf that would eat straw from his hand.
The kids were tired when we left, but they were sad to leave because they had not done everything. Joe kept telling me to take him back. I will have to remember this fun place.

5 comments:

Laura said...

We had a great day! I am SO glad you came along too it made it so much more fun to have you along. I was exhausted when I got home :)

Tracy said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. The only time I have ever been there was for a Halloween thing where they acted out Sleepy Hollow. I'm glad you had fun!

Mike and Shelby said...

Hillary, you are so good about fun little outings with your kids! I am always impressed by your trips and stories. You are making great memories for your kids.

paulsharol said...

Heritage park is a great place would like to take Jaeden there some day

Lindsey said...

do you speak josh sounds cool! em told me