Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Schools Out

Summer is finally here and now it's time to party. This year has been a little tougher than others, but Emily still did really well. She learned how to write in cursive, multiply and divide, Type correctly on the computer and a few other little things. But I think the biggest thing Emily learned this year from her teacher was to be more responsible. If she was not finished with an assignment instead of being able to take it home they had to stay in from recess. Emily missed a lot of recesses but she also learned that it is her job to know what the teacher wants and to get it done. I am hoping that she will remember that lesson next year.
On Monday her school had an end of the year carnival. As soon as I got Emily and Joe their wristbands they were gone. Emily had found some friends and they headed for the bouncers. Emily was nice and let Joseph tag along, but she didn't seem to want any parental supervision. So Josh and I started checking out the bouncers.

.













Josh would stand in line for the bouncers and wait his turn and then when he got to the front of the line he would cry and run away. After waiting in line for about five of the bouncers I decided to stop trying to get Josh to go on one and to try some of the little carnival games. Maybe he would be more into the candy prizes.

This is how it went..........


Josh played a game......Josh got a prize.

Josh couldn't get the ball in the cup so he started cheating... Josh got a prize.




Forget the games....Josh just started main lining the prizes.




The carnival was a fun way to kick off the summer.
Next year is 4th grade (It goes so fast.)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I couldn't be more proud of my birthday buddy. Why go to extra work when you can just take the prize? It looks like it was a lot of fun!

Mike and Shelby said...

Glad you had fun. We missed you at the park...hope to see you next time.

paulsharol said...

school is learning but so is summer

Laura said...

Well you know what a fun time the carnival was for me, ha ha.

I think Josh is so funny. I love that you got the pictures. Next year I am all about that silly wrist band.