Monday, March 3, 2008

The Night Life

Joseph had been sleeping in a Thomas the Tank Engine toddler bed for the last two years and it was time to get him a bigger bed, and move Josh out of the crib. We have been talking to Joe about it since Christmas to get him ready for the change and excited about letting his little brother have his old bed. Joseph was not sure about the change, but when he got the insert that came with his transformer and it had a transformer bed on it he was totally on board, if he could have that bed. He carried around the picture for a whole week telling anyone who would listen that this was the bed he was going to get.


Saturday was the big day. Ryan and Grandpa picked up the bed first. We told Joseph that we would go get the transformer stuff a little later in the day. When Ryan started setting up the frame Joe got really excited because the metal bars had to be slid into the correct position. It really was a transformer bed.



After the bed was all set up we went to Target and found the Transformer bed set. Joseph was so excited. He told me that he would sleep in his own bed all night now because the scary monsters would be so afraid of the Transformers.

Josh was really excited to sleep in the Thomas bed and Grandma got him a new Thomas blanket for it.



Now the new night life begins....

Saturday night it took a little longer to get everyone to sleep. Especially Josh. But once they were asleep the night went OK until about 3:30am when Joseph did his usual walk into our bed. Josh slept through the night though and I thought that was a great sign.

But last night was a different story.....


Joseph slept in his own bed all night for the first time in a long time. YEA!!!!!

But Josh figured out that he could get out of his new bed WHENEVER he wanted, and unlike Joe who would just get out of bed and come sleep on my head, Joshua did not want to lay down and he was not tired.
At one point I got him to lay down in the Thomas bed with me (don't ask how I fit). He thought this was even better and began chatting and singing songs. I am hoping that Josh will be tired tonight and sleep since he didn't sleep at all last night. A new night life has begun. Hopefully it wont take Joshua too long to adjust, but next time you see Ryan and I and we look like we have not slept in weeks you will know why.

4 comments:

Laura said...

You know I have been through this and am still going through. I have found I have to be very firm and consistent. If I give in once I pay for it every day and have to retrain them again.

I did notice it was just you and Emily at sacrament meeting. I am guessing Josh really NEEDED that nap.

It's amazing what you will do when you are tired and its the middle of the night. I can just laugh thinking of you in the Thomas bed. Very cute, by the way!

Tracy said...

Scary monsters do not attack beds with Transformers!

That cracks me up about Josh. Maybe having the Thomas bed won't be good for him. He's probably so excited it's a train that he cna't sleep.

By the way, how did you fit into Thomas?

Mike and Shelby said...

What fun! I love that Joe was excited that it had to be put together...just like the transformers and that he thought the monsters would be scared of the transformers! The Thomas bed is way cute too! Hope the sleeping through the night sticks! (And hope it doesn't take that long for Josh to stay in bed too.)

We are having bedroom woes right now! Lauren has a beautiful bedroom...all white furniture with very girly-floral-lacy bedding. But it's main color is light blue. She wants PINK! The other day, we were walking around in the store waiting for a wedding gift to be wrapped and she saw a bunk bed with pink bedding. Her eyes got really wide and said, "Yeah, that's the one, mom! It's perfect!" She's been talking about it ever since. (Both the bedding AND the bed!)

paulsharol said...

love the transformers Paul & Sharol