Sunday, March 16, 2008

Catching a Leprechaun


As I took Joseph to preschool on Thursday we talked about the special day they were going to have because they were going to celebrate St Patrick's Day. Joseph was excited because at the last class party they had a fiesta with a pinata. He told me that maybe they would have a pinata of Patrick at school today. (Joseph thought St Patrick's Day was for Patrick on Spungbob.) I told him that it was more likely that they would try to catch a Leprechaun, and told him a little bit about the traditions of the day.


I always try to go help on the special party days so I got to see how they celebrated it. They talked about why we celebrate the day and red a story about a leprechaun. The class did go on a Leprechaun hunt. They did not find one, but when they returned to the classroom they discovered that a Leprechaun had been there.

There were little green footprints in the room. Joseph caught on that you should follow them to catch the Leprechaun but when he got to the end of the footprint trail he found something better.


The Leprechaun's pot of gold.


HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!

6 comments:

Laura said...

He is such a cutie! Challenger sure does a GREAT job with everything.

paulsharol said...

aye the luck of the Irish has found the pot of gold Paul & Sharol

Alisa said...

Great post. I'm feeling like with Easter this weekend, St. Patrick's is definitely too overlooked. Although... can we add a pinata to our traditions?

Hillary said...

I think a pinata would be a nice touch.

Tracy said...

I agree with Alisa. We should have a pinata. Let me, Ryan, and Kevin go at it with baseball bats. Same rules apply.

What a cute story. I've never been able to find the pot of gold. Joe must be very smart to find one!

Mike and Shelby said...

I think he's one to something there! Why not dedicate a whole day to Spongebob's St Patrick's Day?

What a fun way to celebrate the day.