On school days the kids are pretty good about getting themselves dressed without too much trouble, but for some reason Sundays are always a little tricky. Maybe it is because there are specific clothes and shoes that need to be worn, but for some reason, that is always the day when someone can't find something, even if we get it all ready the night before. The clothes also have a lot more buttons and things, so while I am getting myself ready I usually have a kid or two asking me to help them with stuff. Ryan is very helpful when he is home, but he is usually already at the church in meetings. So many Sundays I get myself and my family ready not paying too much attention to the little details.
The Sunday before Christmas was no different. I gave Valerie a bath and got her ready for church. When I was blow drying her hair, in between buttoning shirts, and finding socks and shoes, I noticed that the swirly cowlick that she has right in the front of her head was being a little more difficult that morning, but I didn't have time to really mess with it, so I sent her on her way.
I dropped her off at nursery to play and headed to my class. After class I met up with my family in the chapel. I ended up sitting next to my friend Liz, and Valerie came to sit on my lap. When I picked Valerie up Liz asked, "Oh! Did Valerie cut her hair?" I started to say no, but then the morning hair session popped into my head and I then realized why the front was sticking up even more than normal. I turned Valerie so I could really look at her, and it was then that I saw the big chunk of hair that was missing.
I asked her if she cut her hair and she told me that Joe and Josh did it, but when I asked them they had no idea what I was talking about, so I knew it was Valerie. The funny thing is, I have no idea when she did it. I have not found hair anywhere in the house, and because of her cowlick always making her hair a little funny there, It could have been a day or two.
With the cowlick I can comb her hair so it is not too noticeable, but I am glad we have two months before our family picture appointment. I just need to be a little more careful about where we leave the scissors.



No comments:
Post a Comment