Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Emily the Actress

Emily had so much fun in "Up With Kids" last year that she wanted to do it again this year.

Her friends Lindsey and Tiana also signed up. Every Friday they worked hard learning their songs and parts, and they had lots of fun together.

About January they get to let the teacher know which parts they are interested in. Most of the parts are about the same size. Everyone gets a speaking line and they all sing and dance in the scenes, but there are a few larger parts. I told Emily that she should go for one of those parts, but she did not want to . She told me that she likes to be in the plays, but she does not like to stand out.


Emily was given the part of The 6 of Hearts. She was very happy. As you can see from the photo she was one of the lucky cards in the croquet game, but she blended in nicely. Just the way Emily wanted to.

May 14th was the day of the big show. This years play was titled "Alice in Wonderland"

The play was cute, and I could tell Emily loved doing it.



Emily has also been busy at school preparing to perform a shortened version of "Midsummer Nights Dream"

They got to try out for the parts they wanted, and again Emily wanted something simple that did not make her stick out to much. So she was Very happy to be Fairy #3.

She looked really cute in her fairy outfit, and did a great job on her part.


When the kids in the class were not on stage they had them sitting on chairs on the side, so I could see Emily the entire time. I am so glad I could, because the thing I loved the most about this play was watching Emily when she was not on stage. She sat with a big smile on her face, laughing, watching, and enjoying the play as her friends performed. I could see that she did not care about her part, but just being a part of something fun and good.



No comments: