Did you ever see the Movie "The Truman Show" starring Jim Carrey? A movie about a person who had cameras filming his entire life. They never missed anything. Everything he ever did or said was captured forever.
Sometimes I wish there was a camera following my kids around so I could capture and remember not just the big things, but sometimes the small things they do and say. I wouldn't want it broadcast to the entire world. I would just want it for my own viewing and enjoyment, and maybe to share some of the funny, cute or sweet things with friends and family. But because it would not be mentally healthy for my kids to be under constant video surveillance I just have to be grateful for the moments I do witness and write down a few so I can remember them a year from now.
Today I over heard a conversation where I wish the Camera or even the tape recorder was rolling. I over heard it happening from the other room and I couldn't help laugh a little.
This morning while the kids were getting ready for school Valerie found an unsharpened pencil from Joe's backpack. When Joe saw her with it the conversation between Joe and Josh went like this.....................
( all said very seriously and a little panicked.)
Joe : Oh no Josh! Hurry and get that from her.
Josh: No Val!
Joe: Josh did she bite it because if she eats it she will die. That is poison.
Josh: I don't think she bit it. It doesn't feel wet?
Joe: No Josh this is the poisonous part, but it is not wet so she didn't eat it. That is lucky.
Josh: Yeah, she won't die.
I am sure that there are many more things that happen, and conversations had, that I will never know about, but I am grateful for the ones I do see and hear.

1 comment:
I am so glad Valerie will still be with us!! That is so funny. I love that Joe couldn't get it himself even though it was life threatening.
Post a Comment