Tuesday, November 24, 2009

4 Months Old

Things were a little crazy at our house when Valerie hit her 4 month birthday, but I didn't want to miss posting about what she is doing at this mile stone.


Because Valerie is the fourth child she is finding herself in her car seat a lot. Taking the older kids to school and activities, and then running around with me to do my errands. She is really good about it, even though there are some days when I feel like all we do is get in and out and back in the car.

Valerie is a very happy baby. She loves people and always smiles when they take the time to tell her how cute she is. She has started laughing and thinks that her sister and brothers are pretty funny.

Along with the smiling and laughing she also talks a lot. She has a lot to say. Too bad we can't understand any of it. I am sure we could learn a thing or two from her. She makes a lot of baby noises, but her favorite talking noise is growling. If you growl at her she will growl back. She loves to growl. I think because it is a sound we make that she can mimic.

Valerie is getting very strong. she has started to roll over. She is good at rolling from her tummy to her back. She is still working on back to tummy. (she has done it 2 times) She also likes to sit up. She can not do it without support yet, but when she is in her swing or rocking chair we have to make sure she is buckled in securely, because those are her two favorite places to practice sitting straight up.

She is getting better all the time at holding on to toys and loves her little rattle. She is exploring things more and more, and loves having a little playtime in her exersaucer.


I am so happy she is developing normally, but I wish time would slow down a little. I feel like she is growing too fast.

3 comments:

paulsharol said...

so much fun

Laura said...

She is so cute and so happy. I love how easy it is to get BIG smiles out of her.

Andy and Ellen Family said...

I agree time goes by too fast with these little ones. She is such a cute baby! I love that when she smiles her whole face lights up!