Saturday, August 15, 2009

A short outing

Last spring when my parents were visiting we went to the aquarium by our house. When we got there we found out that a year pass was only $4 more than a single visit pass. So my dad bought the kids an I a year pass.


Yesterday Emily was playing with a friend and the boys were bored and needed some entertainment. So I put Valerie down for a nap and left her home with Ryan while the boys and I went for a quick visit to the aquarium.


The boys love the Jelly fish and the sharks, but their favorite area is the Journey to South America exhibit.


They love to see the crocodiles, frogs, snakes and spiders.

This time they had a few creatures from south America that the kids could touch. One was a Common Boa. Joe worked up the courage to touch it but.........

Josh preferred to look at it when it was safely in it's cage.



There was also a cockroach that Joe got to pet. Josh and I wanted nothing to do with that.
One thing I noticed on our little outing is how much Josh is like my dad when we go places like this. As soon as he sees what is in the cage he moves on to the next thing. There is no stopping and watching the creature. (My dad could do the whole zoo in 30 minutes when we were kids)

We only had a little bit of time because I had to be home when the baby woke up, but I didn't have to worry. Even when we stopped to pet the snake and watch a bird do tricks and talk, Josh was wanting to move. He even started saying to Joe and I "Let's move on!" It made me laugh.

It was a fun little outing with the boys.

2 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

good for you for taking these outings! I love Josh's attitude about it! :)

Andy and Ellen Family said...

I'm glad you got to go out with just the boys. I remember dad being that way too. Even on hikes he still does that. He goes on ahead and then when we all catch up and are ready to rest he hops up and is on the move again! This summer he left the waterfall without being in any pictures. So I just have pictures of mom with the kids!