With the new baby at our house and all of the fun illnesses going around right now. I invested in multiple bottles of hand sanitizer and put them around the house so they would be convenient to use. I even put a bottle in my car which has been very useful.
Then I got a bottle and showed Josh that we only need to use it on our hands and one or two squirts is enough to kill all of the germs.
Now Josh is using it the right way, but he is washing his hands a lot!!!!!! Which in this day and age is probably a good thing. My only fear is that I am creating a Germaphobe.
Now he is always asking me if he needs to wash his hands. Sometimes he says he needs to wash his hands, then he puts hands sanitizer on them, rubs it in and then looks at his hands and says..."Oh I can still see germs. I need to wash my hands again. Mom should I wash my hands again? Do you see the germs?" When he gets like this he usually washes them four or five times before the germs are all gone.
Should I be worried, or just happy he has clean hands?

4 comments:
I love that they use the sanitizer in nursery....makes me feel a little better every Sunday. I wouldn't be too worried...I think he just likes using it cause it's cool and fun to do. Eventually, it'll get old just like how a new toy's allure eventually gets old.
(There really are some 'fun' illnesses going around, huh? I say bring on the sanitizer!)
I love Bob! The more the better I think. Although there have been reports of a girl getting drunk from it.... Can't really remember the details though.
BTW-I don't know of any BMX groups. Grandpa just got the boys tickets to a BMX show one time. I think the only reason they know anything at all about bikes is because of Ryan.
I'm kind of a germaphobic person. So of course I think it's a good thing. At least he is aware now of his cleanliness of his hands, which most kids don't take notice.
-Jenny
Post a Comment