Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An Imagination and a Box



Two imaginative boys

A peach box

A pair of scissors





a roll of Duct Tape




and a bag of markers
equals...........













A cool airplane and hours of fun.




(Walking together took a little bit of practice.)


Don't worry.........



The peaches were also put to good use.




FRESH PEACH PIE

16 small graham squares
1 tsp. flour
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix and line 10 in. pie plate with 3/4 of the mixture

FILLING:
2-3 c. fresh peaches
3/4 c. sugar
1 pkg. unflavored gelatin
1/4 c. cold water
1/2 c. hot water
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 pint whipping cream

Add sugar to peaches (set aside). Mix gelatin and cold water. Let stand until quite hard. Add hot water to gelatin. Add peaches, and lemon juice. Let stand until it begins to set. Whip cream and add to mixture. Pour into crust and sprinkle with remaining crust mixture. Refrigerate until set.



3 comments:

Jon said...

Your kids are so imaginative! It's great that they can find stuff do and have a lot of fun doing it. Tell them I thought it was prettty cool!

-Jenny

Mike and Shelby said...

I LOVE when I benefit from a friends posts! That peach pie looks SO yummy! And those pictures are too cute. What creative boys!

Tracy said...

I love this! I'm glad they are able to have fun with each other.

And where's my peach pie? I miss your cooking. :( I have to do the cooking out here and it's never the same as yours.