Monday, April 27, 2009

Missing Maternity Clothes

I have now reached the last trimester of my pregnancy. I am feeling huge, my body hurts, it is hard to get a good nights sleep and I am very easily agitated or brought to tears. This is Ryan's favorite part of me being pregnant.

Because my last two baby's were winter baby's and with each new baby I magically get bigger and bigger I have found that I need to get a few more things to get me to the end feeling like a normal person, and not roasting to death in the heat. I don't want to spend a lot of money because like I said I will only be needing them for a couple more months. So I figured I could just run to Shopko or Target and find something.

I went to Shopko about a month ago, before I was desperate, only to find that they no longer have maternity clothes at the store by my house. They have sent all of them to the West Valley store. So I thought no big deal.

A couple of weeks later I went to Old Navy and once again no maternity clothes. They had also sent all of the clothes to the West side. This started to become a little frustrating, but I thought oh well no big deal. So I went to Target and finally someone had Maternity clothes, but when I looked a little closer they only had three shirts to choose from and the colors were that yucky yellow green and yellow brown. I already feel so beautiful, I am not about to wear a shirt the color of poop. I did find a black shirt so I bought that one.

Well now I am desperate, so today I finally did it.......I went to Wal-Mart. I just wanted anther t-shirt or two to wear and I figured I could probably find something there. I walked around and then asked a clerk and found that even Wal-mart has sent all of their Maternity clothes to one store on the west side. And when I say west I mean really far west. I got in my car and cried as I drove home.

I know it is only 30 -45 minutes to drive out West, but remember I am tired. (I cried because Wal-Mart didn't have what I needed.) So if you see me in the next couple of months and I look like a slob or you think I wore that shirt yesterday. You will probably be right. It is not for the lack of trying. I guess I just live in the wrong city to be pregnant on a budget.

It is too late to order anything online. I am trying to talk myself in to making a trip out west or just going to an official maternity store, but for now I think I better take a nap.

6 comments:

Larissa said...

Which Wal-mart out west? I'm out west. Let me know. I have been shopping for maternity clothes with my sister in law and there aren't many cute ones.

Hillary said...

I can't remember, I guess I was too upset. But the lady at the dressing rooms in the ladies department had a list that said which store. I am sure if you call a sore and ask for the womans department they could tell you. The Old Navy was the Jordan Landing store though, and the Shopko people just said West Valley.

Michelle Estrada said...

I have only found a couple things maternity anywhere... however, the Ross in Draper had maternity clothes a few months ago. I also found that no maternity jeans fit me anyway due to my blossoming bottom, so I just went a few sizes larger than normal with a waist that is too wide for my body shape. I am down to four weeks and I think I will make it with those. I found all my good-enough-for-maternity-fat-jeans at Ross for under $15 each. I do have to hoist them up every now and then, but at least I have something to cover this pregnant body. I did find a couple cute maternity shirts at the Walmart in Riverton. (Come see me on the west side and rest your legs in between stores if you need to. I would love a visitor!)

Michelle

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, Hillary! Don't cry!

I actually pulled out all my maternity clothes this morning (no announcement-just needed room in Brooke's closet for Lauren's out grown winter clothes) and realized I will be in need of a wardrobe update myself. I worry more about the pants though so I was grateful for Michelle's comment-again, not that I will be needing them anytime soon! I can be looking for you too anytime I am at the store. I actually found a lot of nice big, long shirts at Kohls when I was pregnant. They aren't stylishly cute, but simple comfortable t-shirts that covered the belly (and hips). :)

But, you really do look great, Hillary! Love you!

Laura said...

Who knew that it would be so hard to find maternity clothing! I am so sorry. I hope the few things you found make you feel better. You do look great. I do remember being pregnant and just feeling so frumpy. The other day I saw a woman who was wearing a regular shirt (it was super tight) half her belly was showing (like the skin really). It was really unattractive.

paulsharol said...

just remember it will all be worth it we are looking forward to seeing you new baby